Design a strategy that shows personalized products to each contact using dynamic content and a workflow. This allows you to adapt the content of your website to the lifecycle of each user, keeping content fresh and relevant to improve the conversion rate.
In this article, you’ll learn how to display personalized products in your content.
STEP 1. Create content with a dynamic product block
1. Go to the left-hand menu to access Content and create a new dynamic content element.
2. Include a dynamic component in the design to show the products.
3. When your design is finished, click Save in the editor.
STEP 2. Creating and designing the workflow
(In this section we explain the elements that a workflow must contain as a minimum to display personalized products in content).
4. Go to “Workflows” and click Create new workflow. If you already have a workflow created for this strategy, click More and then Edit in the drop-down.
5. If you’ve created a workflow from scratch, bear in mind when designing your strategy that it should include as a minimum:
— One node that obtains product data.
— An action node that sends the content personalized with said items to the user.
STEP 3. Configuring the node that sends personalized content
(In this section we will configure the corresponding node to send the content created in STEP 1).
6. In the node that sends web content, click (Edit node settings).
7. Select the content to send in the node.
8. Click Next.
9. In the next step, configure the settings for sending according to the characteristics of the node used.
10. 8. Click Next.
STEP 4. Assigning variables in the node that sends content
(This section explains how to link product data obtained in your workflow with the variables of your dynamic content).
11. In the last step of the settings of the content to sent, Variables, identify the elements to link.
12. Drag the data from the list gathered from previous nodes (left-hand column) to the corresponding middle column to establish the relationship with the variable created in the dynamic content (right-hand column).
13. (Optional) Assign the literal values to the variables that require them..
14. Click Finish.
15. In the workflow, click Save to save your changes and Start to activate it.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Insert an inline in your ecommerce site, to insert personalized content in your website without changing the code.
- Show discount percentage only when there’s a discount in web content, to personalize the behavior of dynamic content according to whether the product has a discount.
- Show discount percentage only when there’s a discount in an email, to personalize the behavior of dynamic email content according to whether the product has a discount.
- Weekly push with personalized product, to send a weekly personalized product via web push.