Connectif allows you to receive data from external systems to make use of information that is not registered by default in the platform. Through a custom integration, you can synchronize your contacts' data based on events generated on other platforms.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a custom integration to receive data.
STEP 1 - Creating the custom integration
1. Go to "Integrations > Custom" and click Create new integration.
2. Set the "Integration name" field to identify the integration.
3. (Optional) Customize the color, add a description, or categorize the integration.
4. Click Update.
5. In the Receive data, tab, click Create new inbound event.
STEP 2 - Configuring the "Receive data" event.
(In this section the fields where the received data will be stored will be configured).
6. Click Add a new field to create a custom field and fill in the required fields in the right block.
7. Repeat the action indicated in the previous point as many times as data you want to receive.
8. Click Save, then on the confirmation screen click Back To List Events.
STEP 3 - Obtaining the notification endpoint
((In this section, we explain how to generate the endpoint, the address for notifying the type of event).
9. In the Receive data, tab, click Edit.
10. Click Copy URL to copy the endpoint address to the clipboard.
STEP 4 - Sending data to Connectif
(This section explains how to establish communication with the endpoint and send data).
11. Make the call to the endpoint to notify it of the event data.
STEP 5 - Synchronization of data with contact information
(This section explains how to synchronize data in Connectif through a workflow).
12. Go to “Workflows”, click Create new workflow and select Create blank workflow.
13. Create the structure of your workflow with the trigger-type node “Trigger [Name of your integration]” and the action-type node “Set Attribute”.
14. In the “Trigger [Name of your integration]” node, click (Edit node settings).
15. Check that the data collected by the "Trigger [Name of your integration]" node, coming from the event in the external system, is correct.
16. Click Update.
17. In the “Set Attribute” node, click (Edit node settings).
18. Connect the variables to assign the information that the form collects to the corresponding fields in the custom integration.
19. Click on Update.
20. In the workflow, click Save to save your changes and Start to activate it.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Custom integration for sending data, to send data from Connectif to external systems or applications.
- Detect and respond to web links created outside Connectif, to identify and respond to clicks on any link on your website.
Integration with Facebook and Instagram, to manage the audiences of your Facebook Ads account using Connectif.
Integrated forms, to detect and gather existing forms on your website in Connectif.