A static segment is a set of contacts that is generated via manual classifications. It’s a quick way to create personalized audiences for use in different strategies.
- Contacts enter or leave a static segment manually or via a workflow.
- Static segments allow users to be added in bulk by importing contacts.
- In static segments, contacts can be grouped according to their behavior in a workflow.
2. How it’s used in Connectif
Creating a static segment
- Log in to your Connectif account and go to the "Contacts > Segments" section.
- Click Create new segment.
- Under Type, select Static segment.
- Set the Segment Name and, optionally, the Description.
- Click Save.
Adding contacts to a static segment
- Go to "Contacts > See all" and click Import.
- During the import process, choose to either import a CSV file with contact data or paste it directly into the interface.
Via a workflow
- Go to "Workflows" and click Create new workflow.
- Connect a suitable node for your strategy to the "Home" node, so that when the contact performs a certain action they will be added to a segment.
- Connect the "Add to segment" node and click the (settings) button.
- Select the static segment to which you want to add the contacts and click Update to save the node settings.
- Save and activate the workflow so that your contacts start joining that static segment automatically.
Viewing contacts within a static segment
- Go to a "Contacts > Segments", click Edit on the desired segment and then View contacts.
Exporting contacts from a segment
- Under "Contacts", click Export.
- Choose the type of export (Contacts, in this case) and click Next.
- Select the static segment from which you want to obtain contacts and click Next.
- Filter the properties you want to include in the export and click Next to continue the export process.
- Choose the output format for the data and click Start export.
- On the summary screen, click Go to export list to check the status of the export list.
- Click the (download) button to save the document, once the export is complete.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
Test segment, to test a workflow before activating it.
Add contacts to and remove them from a segment in the same workflow, to learn how to keep contacts in a segment for a specified period.
Export contact segments to Facebook Ads, to start working with your audiences.
Enter the segment by visiting products or importing contacts, to use these groupings to improve your conversion rate.