The format types for email, web content and push notification variables can help you provide context and control how data is visualized. As a result, you can give each contact a more deeply personalized experience, boost loyalty, and improve the conversion rate of your dynamic content.
The variables created in Connectif have a format assigned to them that determines how the data saved in their corresponding field should be visualized.
There are five types of format in Connectif:
- No format: represents data as it is and how it was assigned, no format is given to the value. Normally used for saving text data.
- Number: allows you to define the format in which decimal points and thousands should be displayed.
- Date: allows you to define the way dates should be displayed: numerically, with text, or in the ISO 8601 format.
- Currency: always represented with two decimal points and accompanied by the currency symbol configured in the store.
- Percentage: represents data always accompanied by the percentage (%) symbol and can be configured to display decimal points or not.
- HTML: saves HTML code that will be interpreted by the browser and displayed in the content.
When creating a variable, you can define a default value, which will be assigned automatically when there are no values to link from the origin of the data.
In the event that a variable has no value, nothing will be shown on the screen.
2. How they’re used in Connectif
2.1. Edit the format and default value of a variable
1. Create a new variable If you have already created this, access it by editing the content in question.
2. In the editor, click General properties.
3. Select the Variables tab.
4. Click (Edit).
5. In Default value add the value you want the variable to acquire when there is no data stored in the corresponding field.
6. In Data type, choose the desired format.
7. Click Accept to save your changes to the variable and Save to save your changes to the design.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Show personalized products in content, to display products through the use of variables.
- Show discount percentage only when there’s a discount in an email, to show the discounted amount only on the products included in an offer.
- Advanced assignment of variables, to work with additional filters when selecting the data you’ll use to personalize content.
- Pre-defined variables to personalize emails and content, to use system variables in your content.