Data Explorer is a feature that allows you to use all the data collected by Connectif to create detailed reports with which you can analyze your sales, measure the results of your campaigns and search for trends in a simple and powerful way. These reports will help you make data-driven decisions to optimize your account and achieve your goals.
How to access it
You can access Data Explorer via “Insights > Data Explorer”. On this page, you'll see all the reports you've created and can edit them or create new reports.
Create a new report by clicking New report.
The Data Explorer report interface is made up of three blocks:
- Main menu: to save the report, save it as a copy, restore it (if you have made changes and want to revert the report to the last saved configuration), rename it, export it as a CSV file or delete it.
- Toolbar: to select the groupings and metrics you want to analyze.
- Table: to view the results of the data report.
You can use dozens of metrics and groupings to create reports of all kinds, depending on the area or goal you need to analyze.
How it works
1. Add groupings and metrics to your report
Add groupings and metrics to your report by dragging them to the appropriate section or double-clicking them. As you add groupings and metrics to your report, the central table will display the data in rows and columns:
The available groupings are the following:
- "Period": to group data based on date-type categories, such as day of month, day of week, month, year, etc.
- "Contact profile": to group data based on your contacts’ characteristics, such as email domain, age range, whether they have email or not, etc.
- "Value indicators": to group the data according to certain indicators, such as the RFM segment to which the contacts belong, the RFM-recency, RFM-frequency, RFM-monetary value, etc.
The available metrics are as follows::
- "Purchases": to analyze groupings of data and metrics related to sales made in your store, such as the number of purchasers, the number of purchases, the average order value, the total spend, etc.
- "Carts": to analyze metrics related to the cart, such as the number of cart abandonments and the average number of abandonments per contact.
- "Products": to analyze metrics related to the products in your catalog, such as the number of products visited, number of products added to cart, number of products purchased, etc. You can also add groupings to analyze metrics based on brand or product category, etc.
- "Emails": to analyze metrics about your email campaigns, such as the number of emails sent and opened, number of clicks, open rate (OR), click-through rate (CTR), etc. You can also add groupings to your table, such as the type of email, or the UTM content, workflow, or name of the email, etc.
- "Push Notifications": to analyze the data of your push notification campaigns using metrics such as the number of submissions, number opened, number of clicks, open rate (OR), etc. In addition, you have some useful groupings at your disposal such as the UTM Content of the push notification, the push notification workflow, name of the notification, etc.
- "Web Content": to analyze metrics related to content created in Connectif, such as the number of pieces of web content opened, the number of clicks, the click-through rate of opened web content (CTOR), etc. You can also group your data based on the type of web content, the UTM content, workflow, or name of the content, etc.
- "SMS": to analyze metrics such as number of emails sent, conversion rate, etc. In addition, you can group the data by SMS workflow name and SMS name.
2. Define the date range
You can change the date range you want to analyze in the corresponding selector. The options available in the date selector are
- "All": to view all available data.
- "Today": to view today's data only.
- "Last 7 days": to view data for the last seven days.
- "Last 30 days": to view data for the last 30 days.
- "Custom Range": to view data for a specific period defined by you.
3. Filter and sort metrics
You can create more accurate reports by adding additional filters to the metrics. To do this, click by its name to open the context menu and hover your mouse cursor over Filter.
In the new menu that appears, select the operator, set the comparison value and click Apply.
For better visualization of the data, sort your report from the contextual menu of the reference grouping or metric, by selecting Ascending or Descending.
4 . Save a report
In the main menu (1), click Save to save the changes to your report. If you want to change the item name at the same time, click Save As.
5. Export a report
You can export your reports for processing or analysis via two different routes:
1. From the main menu (1) of the report, click (Export report)
2. From the list of reports under en “Insights > Data Explorer”, click More and select Export.
6. Delete a report
You can delete your reports via two different paths:
1. From the main menu (1) of the report, click (Delete report)
2. From the list of reports under en “Insights > Data Explorer”, click More and select Delete.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Contact Fields, to learn how user data is stored and distinguished or how to create new custom fields.
- Events that use your Activity allowance, to understand which events Connectif gathers as activities.
- RFM analysis, to segment contacts based on their buying behavior over time.
- Dynamic Plus Segment, to make precise segmentations based on the properties and activities of your contacts.