The “Split” node, an action-type node, is used to create omnichannel campaigns that allow you to interact with contacts through different channels. To do this, it uses different branches and establishes a probability in each, thereby distributing the flow and interacting with each contact through one channel or another at random.
How to access it
In your workflows, drag the "Split" node from the right-hand menu to the design area. You can access its settings by clicking (Edit node configuration).
The "Split" node’s main interface is made up of two blocks:
- Operating mode selector: to toggle between automatic or manual selection of probability percentages.
- Probability percentage indicator: to consult or modify, in case of manual mode, the contact’s probability of going through that branch.
How it works
Action nodes are used to execute specific operations within flows. The “Split” node is used to divide the workflow based on a probability that a contact will be directed through branch or another. This probability can be set automatically (by default) or manually.
Some considerations to keep in mind:
- To start a workflow with a “Split” node, it must previously have a minimum of two and a maximum of five branches connected.
- The "Split" node can be used several times in the same workflow.
- If a contact goes through the “Split” node again, they will be assigned a branch to continue through based on the probabilities set, regardless of the route they would have followed in previous activations.
- Branches from a "Split" node can merge into common subsequent nodes.
- The "Split" node configuration allows you to edit the node before and after starting the workflow.
1. Choose automatic or manual probability
The “Split” node allows you to configure the probability of each branch in two different ways:
- Automatic: option selected by default, which allows you to divide the probabilities proportionally based on the number of connected branches. When adding or removing a branch, the percentages are recalculated automatically.
- Manual: to assign your own custom percentages based on the objectives of your strategy.
You can choose one type or another in the operating mode selector (1), activating or deactivating the Manual percentage configuration.
2. Modify probability of an active workflow
Once the workflow has started, you can change some aspects of the "Split" node configuration, although it does not allow for new branches to be added or existing ones deleted.
From the operating mode selector (1) you can change the configuration from manual to automatic and vice versa. In addition, in manual operation mode you can edit the probability percentages of each of the branches.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Action nodes, to learn about the other nodes that execute specific actions within Connectif.
- Types of A/B/X tests and configuration, to test various content alternatives and find out which offers the best performance.
- Types of workflows and their characteristics, to understand each one’s behavior and optimize their performance.
- Copy and paste nodes, to speed up the design process of your workflows and avoid potential errors.