In this lesson, you’ll learn and implement the third part of the workflow that contains the acquisition strategy for your newsletter with double opt-in subscription.
Double opt-in is the optimal subscription model for your email lists, helping you build a solid and refined database. With Connectif, you can create a contact acquisition workflow with double confirmation of the subscription, to grow and improve your email lists with a single strategy.
Before we begin: recap
In the previous lesson we established the second part of this strategy, which responds to users who complete the popup form from the first lesson with a subscription confirmation email and a reminder popup. In addition, your name is updated in the contact form.
In this lesson, you’ll learn about:
- The "On link click" node, to react when a contact clicks a link in your email.
At the end of the lesson, you will have created in your account:
The last part of the recruitment strategy, where you’ll respond with a welcome email when users confirm their subscription to your newsletter. In addition, a welcome popup will be displayed the next time they visit your website.
Access the workflow where you created this strategy. Click Workflows and find the workflow you created with the name "Double opt-in subscription" (or whatever name you chose).
STEP 10. “On link click” node
How the "On link click" node works
This node is used to react when a contact clicks on an email sent via Connectif.
In the node interface, you can configure the link that contacts must click to trigger it, which can be a click on any email or a specific one.
How to configure the "On link click" node for this strategy
(This node will detect the exact moment a contact clicks the confirmation link in the confirmation email you created in the previous lesson).
72. In the node selection menu, go to "Triggers> Email", click the "On link click" node and drag it into the editor so that it connects to the "Start" node.
73. Click (Edit node settings) in the “On link click”.
74. Click One specific email.
75. Next, select the email that should be reacted to. In this case, the email with the confirmation link you created in the previous lesson.
76. Go to the bottom of the settings and, under Select a link, choose the link that confirms the contact's subscription ("#__cn_subscribe").
77. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Deactivate after triggering".
78. In the Temporarily disable after event area, type “1” in the “Day” field. This way, the node will only trigger once a day, even if the contact clicks multiple times.
79. Click Update.
STEP 11. Second “Send email” node
How to configure the welcome email for this strategy
(In this step you’ll create the welcome email for contacts who confirm their subscription to the newsletter).
80. In the node selection menu, go to "Actions > Email", click the "Send email" node and drag it into the editor so that it connects to the "On link click" node.
81. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send email” node. Click Create new content.
82. When creating a new email, in the Tools panel, click the General tab to edit the parameters of the general appearance of your email. You can also access it by clicking on General properties in the design panel.
83. Click the Components tab to configure the composition and add the elements you want to your email by clicking and dragging them into the editor.
84. Click Save to keep your changes to the layout and Back to content list to finish configuring the node.
How to configure the "Send email" node for this strategy
(This node will send the email welcoming contacts to the newsletter after the contact has confirmed their subscription).
85. In Settings, select the email you just created and click Next .
86. In the Send to section, select "Contact".
87. Indicate the "Transactional" type of email.
88. Configure the Parameters section of "Send to contact".
89. In Google Analytics, click "Enable Google Analytics" and then Next .
90. (Optional). If you've created variables for your content, link them to the Connectif fields as you've done in previous lessons.
91. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Limit per contact" box.
92. Click Update .
STEP 12. Second “On page visit” node
How to configure the "On page visit" node for this strategy
(This node will detect contacts that arrive on the website after confirming the subscription).
93. In the node selection menu, go to "Triggers > Web", click the "On page visit" node and drag it into the editor so that it connects to the "On link click" node.
94. Click (Edit node settings) for the new “On page visit” node.
95. In Limitations, make sure that the "Deactivate after triggeringbox is active so that this action only occurs on the contact’s first website visit after confirming their registration" box is active so that this action only occurs on the contact’s first website visit after confirming their registration.
96. Click Update.
STEP 13. Third “Send web content” node
How to create the popup for this strategy
(In this step you’ll create a popup to welcome contacts who have verified their subscription to the newsletter).
97. In the node selection menu, go to "Actions > Web", click the "Send web content" node and drag it into the editor so that it connects to the "On page visit" node.
98. Click (Edit node settings) and Create new content to generate new content.
99. When creating new web content, select Popup as the type, give it a name, and click Create web content.
100. In the General tab, edit the parameters of the general appearance of your popup.
101. On the Components tab, set up the layout and add the elements you want to your popup by clicking and dragging them into the editor.
102. Click Save to keep the changes to the layout and Back to selector to return to the workflow and finish configuring the node.
(PHOTO . example, popup welcome template).
How to configure the "Send web content" node for this strategy
(This node will show the popup to contacts on their next website visit after confirming their newsletter subscription).
103. Once you’ve selected the popup you just created, click Next twice.
104. Click Update .
After completing these steps, you will have set up the final part of the strategy: a welcome email will be sent to your contacts who confirm their newsletter subscription and you will also show these contacts a welcome popup the next time they visit your website.
As a result, you have now completed the first strategy in this course and your contacts will be able to subscribe to your newsletter, in addition to optimizing your email lists through double opt-in.
Continue your tour
Now that you've completed this lesson, move on to the next one and create a Push notification subscription strategy in your account.
If you want to dive deeper into any of the topics covered in this lesson, you can access the guide documentation:
- Folders in workflows, to create a folder containing this and the other workflows that you complete in this course.
- Nodes limitations, to explore how to automatically pause nodes, either temporarily or permanently, to tailor your strategy as much as possible.
- Integrated forms, to learn how to import forms from your website to Connectif and use them in form-related nodes as if they were native.