A purchase attribution is the identification of a workflow and/or content as a possible source of a purchase. This estimated value allows you to measure or compare the performance of your strategies created in Connectif to improve your conversion rate.
A purchase attribution links a sale to a workflow, a piece of content, or both. Each attribution is given a level of estimated reliability to measure how likely it was to have influenced the purchase, in such a way that:
- The shorter the time between a contact's interaction with the content or workflow and the purchase, the higher the attribution.
- If the contact has interacted with several pieces of content or workflows before purchasing, the purchase will be attributed to the interaction that is closer in time.
- It is also possible for purchases not to be attributed to any workflow or content.
Attributions are distinguished according to various attribution scenarios that differentiate the contact’s behavior in pre-purchase interactions. Connectif evaluates whether a new purchase is made in one of the attribution scenarios, in order. If it finds a valid scenario for the purchase, it applies the attribution and does not evaluate further scenarios for that purchase.
The purchase attribution scenarios are as follows:
|Order||Name||Description of the scenario||Reliability||Comments|
|Purchase after opening and click||The purchase was made within 24 hours of opening a piece of content, followed immediately by a click on that same piece of content.
*Does not apply to web content.
|60-75%||The longer the time elapsed between opening and click, or between click and purchase, the lower the reliability.|
|Purchase after clicking on a content link||The purchase was made within 48 hours of a click on a link to a piece of content sent from a workflow. In the event of multiple clicks on links to different pieces of content, preference will be given to the last click.||50-65%||The longer the time period between click and purchase, the lower the reliability. The more clicks on links to the same content, the greater the reliability.|
|Purchase after opening content||The purchase was made within 48 hours of opening content sent from a workflow. If there are several openings of different pieces of content, preference will be given to the last content opened.
*Does not apply to web content.
|40-50%||The longer the time elapsed between opening and purchase, the lower the reliability.|
|Purchase after sending an SMS||The purchase was made within 24 hours after an SMS sent from a workflow. If several different SMS have been sent, preference will be given to the last SMS opened.||20-50%||The more time elapsed between sending the SMS and the purchase, the lower the reliability.|
2. How is it used in Connectif?
2.1. Consultation of attributions
1. Go to "Dashboard" from the left side menu to see your dashboard.
2. In Purchase attributions, check the global attribution percentage on the total sales of your ecommerce site in the last 30 days.
3. In Top performance, discover the workflows and content that deliver the best sales conversions.
1. On the dashboard, under Purchasing attributions click View all purchases or go to "E-commerce > Purchases".
2. Click (See detail) in the Actions column of the purchase you’re querying.
3. Check the details of the purchase and its attribution, if any, as well as the reliability as calculated based on the purchase scenario.
1. Access "Workflows" from the left side menu and, in the workflow you want to review, click More to display the menu. Select Live View.
2. In the workflow editor, click on Purchase Statistics.
3. Click on (See detail) in the Actions column of the purchase you want to query.
4. Check the purchase details and the reliability of the attribution calculated based on the purchase scenario and contact behavior.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Dashboard, to learn more about the different Dashboard elements.
- Insights, to consult in detail the statistics related to emails and sales.
- View statistics and data in Connectif, to view detailed stats on the different pieces of content.
- Events that use your Activity allowance, to identify which type of events consume the available monthly activities.