You can use dynamic product blocks to show personalized product recommendations to your contacts. This allows you to adapt the content of your emails to the lifecycle of each user, keeping content fresh and relevant to improve the conversion rate.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a personalized product block in an email.
STEP 1. Create an email design with a dynamic product block
1. Go to "Content > Emails" and click Create new email.
2. Add a "Dynamic content" component by dragging the block from the Components tab to the editor.
STEP 2. Personalize your product block
2.1. Basic configuration
(This section will show the identifying details and general style of the product block).
3. Click (Edit element) in the contextual menu that appears when you hover the mouse over the inserted block.
4. (Optional) For Name, choose a title to identify your block.
2.2. Template settings
(This section defines the content of the product block).
5. In Template, choose one of the three default options.
6. Use the editor to personalize the styles of the selected template
7. (Otcional) Click (Edit HTML code) to personalize your component using code, if required for your design.
2.3. (Optional) Creating new dynamic variables
(This section will define new variables to be used in the product block, if you want to add additional data).
8. In the editor, click the place in the content where you want to add the variable.
9. Click the Variables button.
10. In Variable identifier, type a name to distinguish this variable.
11. Click Accept.
12. Repeat steps 8 to 11 for each variable that you want to add.
2.4. Structure settings
(This section will define the number of products to be displayed).
13. In Structure, define the quantity of products you want to display in the content.
14. (Optional) Uncheck the box "Show incomplete rows" so that the products are only displayed when there are enough to show in all columns of a row.
STEP 3. Preview the design of your personalized product block
15. Click Preview.
16. Click (Desktop view) and check that the design shown on a computer is right for your strategy.
17. Click Mobile view and check that the design shown on a mobile device is right for your strategy.
18. (Optional) Click (Send preview email) to check the layout in your email manager. To do this, fill in the sending parameters and click Send preview email. Preview mode will then close.
19. (Optional) In your email manager, check the preview email you’ve sent.
20. Click Close preview, if you haven’t sent a preview email.
21. (Optional) Make the necessary edits, repeating the previous steps and points that apply to ensure that the design is appropriate for your strategy.
22. In the editor, click Save.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Create a personalized product block in email or web content, to create a dynamic product block in website content using variables.
- Show personalized products in content, to link the data gathered in a workflow with the variables of a piece of website content.
- Show discount percentage only when there’s a discount in an email, to personalize the behavior of dynamic content according to whether the product has a discount.
- Send Abandoned Cart Email via Workflow, to send an email to contacts including the products in their abandoned cart plus related products.