The Connectif integration with Facebook and Instagram Ads allows you to synchronize your Connectif contacts to work with your Facebook and Instagram advertising accounts, to detect visits coming from Facebook and Instagram and create workflows depending on those events.
How to access it
You can access the Facebook Ads integration via Store settings in the left side menu, in the tab selector, by clicking “Integrations > Ads and Audiences” and then Edit.
The main interface of the Facebook Ads integration is composed of three blocks:
1. Tabs: to navigate via one of the three integration options:
- Connector: to connect the Facebook Ads account.
- Settings: to review the name, category and description of the integration.
2. Main panel: where the options for each tab are located.
How it works
The Facebook Ads integration allows you to connect your Facebook and Instagram Ads accounts in order to transfer Connectif contacts to a Facebook advertising account.
It also allows you to detect visits from Facebook and Instagram and create workflows dependent on these events.
1. Connect your Meta advertising account with Connectif
In tabs (1) go to Connector and in the main panel (2) click Connect.
In the pop-up window, log in and accept the permissions required by Connectif.
Once the process is complete, Connectif will display a message on the main panel (2) indicating the validity of the authorization obtained from Facebook.
To complete the connector configuration, in the main panel (2) choose an Ads account from the existing ones in the dropdown 2. Select Ads account.
Click Update to save the integration.
2. Send Connectif segments to Facebook Ads
To send contact segments, go to the Connectif side menu and click “Contacts > Segments”.
Once in this area, click on “Export to Facebook”.
Select the Connectif segment that you want to export to Facebook.
Select the Facebook audience to which you want to export contacts from Connectif.
Click Next .
On the next screen you can return to the segments or access the list of exports. You can also access this list from the Segments screen.
3. Detect visits from Facebook
The Workflow editor includes the “On page visit from Facebook” trigger node, which reacts when a contact visits the website via a link or post on Facebook.
You can configure the following in the node interface:
- Campaign: to configure the campaigns that will trigger the node.
- Ad: to configure the ads that will trigger the node.
For Connectif to detect the campaign and/or ad from which the visit was made, the link visited must contain the campaign and/or ad parameters. You can configure these parameters in the Facebook Ad Manager, following this guide.
- Mobile: to configure if the visit must come from a mobile device (or not) to trigger the node.
Tip: Avoid using campaign and ad names more than once. This could cause the “On page visit from Facebook” node to attribute visits from Facebook to the wrong campaign or ad.
4. Detect visits from Instagram
For its part, the trigger node “On page visit from Instagram” reacts when a contact visits the website via a link or post on Instagram.
In the node interface, you can configure whether it will trigger with any visit, visits from certain campaigns, visits from certain ads or from a mobile device.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Segmentation according to Facebook and Instagram leads, to segment contacts who reach the website via a Facebook or Instagram campaign.
- Capturing lookalike audiences on Facebook, to create a coupon acquisition strategy after adding a visit from a Facebook campaign.
- Integration with WhatsApp via Meta, to integrate your Connectif account with Meta and automate the sending of a purchase confirmation message.
- Trigger nodes, to understand how all the nodes that reactivate the flow work when a contact performs an activity or meets a certain condition.