Product import allows you to add items to your catalog manually via the import tool, so that they’re available immediately for your marketing strategies.
In this article, you’ll learn how to import products in Connectif.
When to use it: When integrating your Connectif account and at any time on a one-off basis.
Before you begin: preparing the product file
The following table shows the fields that can be included in the CSV:
|Product detail URL
|URL of the product page (the URL must be unencoded).
|External product ID
|Unique product identifier (in ecommerce).
|Product unit price.
|URL of the product image.
|The category to which the product belongs. If the ecommerce site allows sub-categories, you can indicate them with the full path of the category separating each level with the character '/'.
For example: “/Computers/Keyboards/Logitech”.
|The labels associated with the product.
|Number of reviews
|Number of reviews of the product.
|Related product IDs
|Related product IDs.
|Priority of a product.
|Original unit price
|Original unit price of the product.
|Unit price without taxes
|Product unit price without taxes.
|Discount percentage, range from 0 to 100 without percentage symbol.
|Reduced price of the product (must correspond to unit_price_original - unit_price).
Text list-type fields with several texts must have a special format, using the symbol "|" as the delimiter character.
Product Name,Id,Categories,Unit Price
STEP 1: Data source selection
1. Go to "Eccommerce > Catalog" and click Import products.
2. In the Select a data source section, choose the Import from file option.
3. Configure the import parameters.
3.1. Select Include header if the CSV file has a header with the column names.
3.2. In Delimiter, choose the character that delimits the columns of your file.
3.3. Select the Overwrite existing option if you want to replace the product information that already exists in Connectif with that included in the file.
3.4. Select the Update only empty fields option if you want only fields without information to be updated.
4. Click Next .
STEP 2: Configuration of the fields to import
5. Select the name of each field from the imported file and drag it to its corresponding Connectif field.
6. Click Next .
STEP 3: Check import
7. Click Go to import list .
8. Check that the products and their information have been imported correctly.
9. If there is any error, please download the CSV error report by clicking the button (Download CSV error report).
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Product sheet, to see the labels and categories of your ecommerce products.
- Product sync and verification, to take advantage of the full potential of the Connectif catalog.
- Product segments, to learn how use groups of products that are available in real time in different strategies.
Offer recommender, to help undecided customers choose products on sale on the web.