Increase the number of contacts subscribed to your newsletter by showing them a pop-up floating bar when they visit the website.
In this article you’ll learn how to create a newsletter subscriber acquisition strategy.
How it works
To create this strategy, we’ll set up a floating bar in the workflow with the subscription form, together with a daily limitation so that once it’s displayed, it won’t appear on subsequent pages visited. After submitting the form, a sending confirmation popup is displayed and a welcome email is sent.
STEP 1. "Start" node
(In this node, you’ll set the target audience for the action).
1. Click (Edit node settings) for the “Start” node.
2. Under Select limitation, check "All my list".
3. Under Select data source, check “All existing and new”.
4. Click Update.
STEP 2. “On page visit” node
(This node will detect contacts who visit the website).
5. Click (Edit node settings) in the “On page visit” node.
6. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Deactivate after triggering" box.
7. Click Update.
STEP 3. “Check value” node
(This node will check if the contact is subscribed to the newsletter).
8. Click (Edit node settings) of the “Check value” node.
9. Drag the "Newsletter subscription status" field from "Contact" to the block on the left.
10. Under Operator, select "Is selected”.
11. Drag the "Literal" value to the block on the right and select "Subscribed".
12. Click Update.
STEP 4. First "Send web content: floating bar" node
(This node will send a floating bar with the newsletter subscription form).
13. At the junction of this node with the previous one, click on the circle until "No" appears.
14. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send web content” node.
15. Select the corresponding Floating bar content and click Next .
17. In the Variables step, link any variables there may be.
18. Click Complete .
STEP 5. “On opening of web content” node
(In this node, the on page visit node will be limited so that it doesn’t react to each visit for one day).
19. Click (Edit node settings) in the “On opening of web content” node.
20. Click One specific content and select the Floating bar content shown in the previous node.
21. For Limitations, in the section Add external limitation, choose "On page visit" from the drop-down menu and, in the next one, "Deactivate for a period". Next, indicate "1" Day.
22. Click Update.
STEP 6. “On form submission” node
(This node will detect the moment when the form is sent).
23. Click (Edit node settings) in the “On form submission” node.
24. Click on A specific form.
25. Next, select the form that should be reacted to. In this case, the form shown in the floating bar.
26. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Deactivate after triggering" box.
27. Click Update.
STEP 7. Second “Send web content: popup” node
(In this node, a popup will be sent to confirm submission of the form).
28. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send web content” node.
29. Select the corresponding Popup content and click Next.
30. In the Variables step, link any variables there may be.
31. Click Complete .
STEP 8. “Send email” node
(This node will send the email with the welcome to the newsletter message).
32. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send email” node.
33. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Limit per contact" box.
34. In Settings, select the email you want to send and click Next .
35. In the Send to section, select "Contact".
36. Indicate the "Newsletter" type of email.
37. Configure the parameters section of "Send to contact".
38. Under Google Analytics, click "Enable Google Analytics" then Next .
39. Click Complete .
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Subscription to web push notifications, to capture subscribers to the web push notifications channel.
- Bulk email campaign, to send a newsletter to all your contacts.
- Cart recovery and newsletter subscription, to send an abandoned cart email to contacts who abandon a cart on the site.
- Remarketing, to send an email one day after a contact visits a product.