Contacts who haven’t made a purchase for a long time can be valuable and worth reengaging due to their purchase history. By sending them a discount coupon, you’ll encourage them to reengage with your ecommerce while increasing the likelihood of repeat purchases.
In this article, you'll learn how to reactivate low CLV customers with a coupon.
How it works
To send the coupon, the strategy detects when contacts enter the “Can't lose them” RFM segment. When they enter the segment, it waits 8 hours, assigns the coupon to each contact and sends it by email.
STEP 1. "Start" node
(In this node, you’ll set the target audience for the action).
1. Click (Edit node settings) for the “Start” node.
2. Under Select limitation, check "All my list" and select "Contacts with email".
3. Under Select data source, check “All existing and new”.
4. Click Update.
STEP 2. "On entering segment" node
(This node will enter contacts into the workflow as soon as they join the "Can’t be lost" segment).
5. Click (Edit node settings) for the “On entering segment” node.
6. Under Select a segment, choose the segment created.
7. Click Update.
STEP 3. "Wait" node
(This node will initiate a waiting period before continuing the workflow).
8. Click (Edit node settings) for the “Wait” node.
9. Under Set the time delay, select "A period of time" and enter "8" Hours.
10. Click Update.
STEP 4. “Assign coupon” node
(This node will fetch the coupon that will be emailed to contacts who enter the “Can’t lose them” segment).
11. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Assign coupon” node.
12. Select the set of coupons created for this workflow.
13. Click Complete .
STEP 5. “Send email” node
(This node will send the email with the coupon to contacts who enter the “Can’t lose them” segment).
14. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send email” node.
15. Select the email you want to send and click Next .
16. In the Send to section, select "Contact".
17. Indicate the "Newsletter" type of email.
18. Configure the parameters of "Send to contact" section.
19. Under Google Analytics, click "Enable Google Analytics" then Next .
20. In the Variables step, link any variables there may be.
21. Click Complete .
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Optimized email campaign, to optimize the way you send out your email campaigns.
- Sending a birthday discount coupon, to send a discount coupon to a contact on their birthday.
- Reactivation of seasonal buyers, to re-engage customers who last shopped in the coming month of the previous year.
- Monthly best sellers campaign, to send a monthly email with the best selling products of the last month using this node.