Web push notifications are instant, fully customizable messages that a contact receives on their device. This instant, one-on-one communication allows you to reach users at the right time and in the right places, even when they aren’t visiting your website, to increase conversion rates
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up web push notifications.
STEP 1. Configuring the ServiceWorker
1. Go to "Integrations > Web". Click on the Push notifications tab.
3. Click Download.
4. Upload the file to your server and copy the route.
5. Add the route to the ServiceWorker in the ServiceWorker URL section.
6. Click Update.
STEP 2. Check configuration
1. In a new tab or window, access the ServiceWorker URL.
2. Open the browser's (DevTools) console.
3. In the development tools window, click Application.
4. From the menu in the left column select Service Workers.
5. Check that the status of the ServiceWorker is "active and running". In addition, the traffic light accompanying Status will be green.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Web push notification editor, to design the content of your web push notifications.
- Push subscription with browser notification, to trigger the browser web push subscription notification without sending web content.
Ask for subscription to web push notifications with a popup, to create a strategy that subscribes contacts by means of a popup.
Push subscription with slide-in, to create a strategy that subscribes contacts by means of a slide in.