If your ecommerce platform is based on PrestaShop, you can sync it with your Connectif account in just a few minutes and start gathering data about your contacts’ interactions on the site.
In this article, you’ll learn how to integrate your Connectif account with PrestaShop.
When to use it: When you open your Connectif account.
STEP 1. Downloading the module
1. Log in to your Connectif account.
2. Go to Integrations on the left-hand menu.
3. In the ERPs and CRMs section, look for PrestaShop and click Edit.
4. In the Configuration section, click Download zip to download the file “connectif.zip” to your computer.
STEP 2. Installing the module in your PrestaShop
5. Log in to your PrestaShop’s back office.
6. Go to “Modules > Modules and services”.
7. In the top right section, click Upload a module.
8. In the pop-up, click Select file or drag it into the dotted rectangle. The assistant will start the installation automatically.
9. Once the module has been installed, click Configure.
STEP 3. Configuring the PrestaShop module
3.1. Basic configuration
(This section will show the identifying data of your account in order to sync it and start gathering data about your contacts’ interaction on the site in real time).
10. Go back to the Connectif tab you left open (“Integrations > PrestaShop” section) and copy the identifying data for your account (“Client identifier” and “Secret key”).
11. Go back to the PrestaShop tab you left open (module configuration) and paste the copied data into “Client ID” and “Secret KEY”, respectively.
12. Check that YES is selected in the “Enabled” field.
13. Click Save.
14. There’s no need to do anything in this section.
3.3. Public URLs
(In this section the URLs to subscribe to/unsubscribe from the newsletter are filled automatically, as well as that for the Service Worker for push notifications).
15. There’s no need to do anything in this section.
You can check these URLs in your Connectif account:
— Newsletter subscriptions/unsubscriptions, in “Integrations > Prestashop”.
— Push notifications service worker, in “Integrations > Website > Push Notifications”.
3.4 Registration form fields
(This section shows the contact’s details gathered in PrestaShop that you want to sync with Connectif).
16. In the Contact fields section, the fields “firstname”, “lastname” and “birthday” appear by default. If you want Connectif to sync any of the other options in this section or the Address fields section, select “Yes” in the desired fields.
3.5. Advanced parameters
(In this section you can configure advanced options for the integration).
17. For a basic integration, there’s no need to take any action in this step. If you want a more advanced configuration, activate or deactivate the options you want to sync with Connectif
Use SKU as product identifier: use the SKU of your products in PrestaShop as the ID for products in Connectif.
Select product image size: indicate the type of product image that will be synced (we recommend selecting the same one as used in the PrestaShop product sheet).
Order events: register all orders.
Sign-up events: register all sign-up events.
Log-in events: register all of the contact’s log-ins.
Newsletter subscription events: register newsletter subscriptions.
Cart status: register events relating to the cart status..
Search events: register search events in the ecommerce platform.
Round prices: round product prices up or down in Connectif.
Include tax in discounts: include VAT in products with a discount..
Include root category in the page category: indicate that the “Root” category should appear in product categories.
Enable debugging logs: activate/deactivate logs.
Check that the hook top does not render more than once: activate/deactivate calculation of percentage discount based on prices.
Calculate the percentage discount based on prices: activate/deactivate the calculation that sets it automatically.
Activate multi-language: gather contacts’ interaction data differentiated by language.
STEP 4. Configuration in stores with various languages
18. On the Basic configuration tab, click .
19. In a new browser window, access the Connectif account of the corresponding language and copy the identifying data (“Client ID” and “Secret key”), as indicated in point 10.
20. Go back to PrestaShop and paste the identifying data (“Client ID” and “Secret key”).
21. Select the language and currency you want to sync with your Connectif account.
22. In the “Enabled” field, click YES.
23. Click Save.
Find agile solutions to the most frequently-occurring incidents when creating a PrestaShop integration.
1. Order, contact and/or event data is not being registered.
- In Advanced parameters, check that the following options are active:
- “Order events”, to register order data.
- “Registration events”, to copy contact data.
- “Cart events”, to capture cart status.
If they’re deactivated, click Yes in the fields you need and Save to enable them.
- Check that the Connectif module is anchored to the displayTop hook in “Design > Positions” in PrestaShop.
- Make sure that your templated does not modify PrestaShop base pages (such as Checkout, for example) and execute the displayTop hook like this:
- Configure your payment platform so that after each transaction, the contact is redirected automatically to the Payment confirmation page in the ecommerce platform.
2. Newsletter subscription statuses are not syncing.
- Check that the autocompleted URLs in “Integrations > PrestaShop” in your Connectif account correspond with the URLs of the module installed in your PrestaShop in “Configuration > public URLs”
- Check that the URLs exist by copying and pasting them into the address bar of your browser. If a 404 error message appears, you’ll need to correct this in the ecommerce platform itself.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
Onboarding, to learn all about our interface.
Initial workflows, to implement your first strategies in your account.
Integrations with external systems, to integrate your Facebook, website forms and webhook.
API integrations, to administrate events such as order registration or contact sign-ups.
Events that use your Activity allowance, to understand your account consumption better.