Node limitation is an option that allows you to configure the conditions under which your nodes should not be triggered. You can use it to automatically pause nodes on a temporary or permanent basis to suit your strategy.
How to start
Create a new workflow in “Workflows > Create new workflow” or modify one of your existing workflows by clicking Edit.
Once you’re in the workflow, insert a launch or action node, click (Edit node configuration) and go to the Limitations tab.
The interface of the Limitations tab (where settings are configured) is divided into two sections:
1. Limitations: to delimit when the node should stop triggering, according to each contact, the total number of triggers, the time until it triggers again and/or to deactivate it following the first trigger.
2. Limitation to other nodes: to delimit the action of other nodes after they trigger.
Limitations can be identified visually in nodes thanks to various icons.
- Deactivate after trigger: the node is deactivated for a contact after being triggered for the first time.
- Max. triggers by Contact / Contact: the node is deactivated for a contact after it has triggered a certain number of times.
- Deactivate temporarily after event: node is deactivated for a contact temporarily and is triggered again after a specified period of time.
- Max. total no. of triggers / Total limit: the node is deactivated after it has been triggered a certain number of times across all contacts, whether or not it has been triggered for the same contact or not.
How it works
Nodes work by executions. In other words, when a contact arrives at the corresponding node, this is executed (or triggered, in other words).
All nodes, except for conditional nodes and system action nodes, can be limited to determine when you don’t want them to execute. To configure them, all you need to do is complete the fields of the Limitations tab according to your preferences.
Once the node has been deactivated by the limitations set, it won’t be executed again according to the configuration, and the step to the rest of the flow will be paused, temporarily or permanently, for each contact.
1. Limit number of triggers of a node for the same contact
If you want to add the limitation to a trigger node, add the maximum number of times you want it to trigger for the same contact in the “Max. triggers per Contact” field and click Update.
If the node is an action node, check the box for the “Limit by Contact” field, add the desired number and click Update.
2. Limit total number of triggers for the node
For trigger nodes, add the total number of times you want the node to trigger, regardless of whether it is triggered for the same contact or not, in the “Max. total no. of triggers” field, then click Update.
For action nodes, check the box for the “Total limit” field, add the desired number and click Update.
3. Deactivate node temporarily after being triggered for a contact
Add the time in days, hours, minutes and seconds that you want to stop the node after it has been triggered for a single contact to the field “Temporarily deactivate after event”, then click Update.
4. Permanently deactivate node after it triggers for a contact
Check the box in the field “Deactivate after trigger” so that “Yes” appears and click Update.
5. Deactivate an earlier node after trigger
In the Limitation to other nodes, select the relevant node in the first drop-down and the type of limitation in the second, either:
- Deactivate: to deactivate the selected node at the same time that the node in which the limitation has been added is executed.
- Deactivate temporarily: to deactivate the selected node for a set period of time. In this case, enter the time in days, hours and/or minutes that you want it to remain inactive.
Finally, click Add external limitation and Update.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Copy and paste nodes, to duplicate previously configured and duplicated nodes.
- Show a full screen on visiting website, to put the limitations of the “On visiting page” node into practice.
- Sales announcement, to configure limitations in the full-screen “Send web content”.
- New offers announcement by device, to practice with external limitations.