A dynamic plus segment is a grouping of contacts segmented in a very precise way, based on the data stored in their profile and their activities. You can use them to customize your campaigns and optimize results quickly and easily.
How to access it
You can access your created segments via the "Contacts > Segments" route.
To create a dynamic plus segment click Create New Segment, select the type Dynamic Segment Plus and click Go to segment editor.
The editing page of a dynamic plus segment is composed of three blocks:
- Main menu: to save the segment or a copy, restore the last saved configuration, rename or delete segments.
- Filter selector: to define the segment using the multiple filters available.
- Preview: when creating the segment, to check how many contacts it would include and how many would be left out. In addition, the summary is available in text mode so that you can read and share the description of your segment
How it works
Dynamic plus segments allow you to add filters to contact fields or activities to design your segment as precisely as possible.
The fields and activities available for use as filters are categorized as follows:
- "Contact profile": to filter by the fields with social-demographic information that Connectif provides, such as contact name, date of birth, email, newsletter subscription status, etc.
- "Custom Fields": to filter by any custom fields you have created in your account.
- "Value indicators": to filter by RFM segment or by RFM-Recency, RFM-Frequency and RFM-Monetary value.
- "Purchases": to filter by purchasing activities and by the most important metrics related to these activities, such as the number of total purchases made by the contact, the total or average spend, etc.
- "Shopping Carts": to filter by cart-related activities, such as cart abandonments and products added to or removed from the cart.
- "Products": to filter by product visit activities.
- "Emails": to filter by activities related to your email campaigns, such as emails sent, open rate, clicks, etc.
- "Push Notifications": to filter by activities related to your push notification campaigns, such as the number sent, opened, clicks, etc.
- "Web Content": to filter by activities related to your web content campaigns, such as open and click activities.
- "SMS": to filter by SMS sending activities and bounce-backs.
- "Page visits": to filter by page visit activities.
To achieve greater precision, Connectif also provides you with powerful filters within each of these activities, which allow for greater audience customization and optimized results for your strategies.
1. Filter by a field or contact metric
In the filter selector (2), choose the field or metric to filter by, the appropriate operator for your objective and the value to compare against, which can be another contact field or a literal value.
2. Filter by activity
In the filter selector (2), choose the activity to filter by, select the appropriate operator or operators for your purpose and configure them. If you wish, add additional filters to the activity.
3. Create a filter with logical operators
Dynamic plus segments allow you to use AND and OR logical operators to join your filters.
To use them, click "AND" for both conditions to be met, or "OR" for one of the two conditions to be met.
4. Preview dynamic plus segment
The preview panel visually reflects the number of contacts that currently meet the chosen filters. This makes it easier to evaluate whether the number of contacts that would go into the segment meets your requirements or if you need to redefine the segmentation conditions.
In the preview area (3), click the Click to preview button to generate your future segmentation data, with useful information about the number of contacts that will go into or be left out of the segment.
5. Using the dynamic plus segment
In the main menu (1), click Save to make the segment available for use in workflows of your choice.
Differences between dynamic segment plus and dynamic segment
The following table shows, by way of comparison, the main functionalities available in the dynamic segments plus and in the dynamic segments:
|Dynamic Segment Plus;
|Filtering by contact field
|Filtering by contact activities
|Filtering by activity properties
|Using AND operators between filters
|Using OR operators between filters
|Create contact exclusion group
|Preview of the number of contacts that will enter the segment
|Text mode summary
|Every 3 hours
|In real time
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Static segment to segment contacts via workflows.
- Dynamic segment to automatically segment contacts based on common characteristics.
RFM Analysis to understand how Connectif automatically segments contacts based on their buying behavior
Data Explorer to use all the data collected by Connectif to create detailed and customized reports.