Inline web content is inserted into your ecommerce site to display custom content as if it were a native element, with no need to modify the code or alter the structure of your website. In this way, you can transform your ecommerce site to adapt to each contact and offer a personalized browsing experience.
- Unlike other web content, inline is not superimposed on the website where it is displayed, rather it is inserted into it, as if it were a native element.
- Inline web content is designed in the Web Content Editor, so no programming knowledge is required to create it.
- Inline content allows you to insert custom content or HTML code anywhere on your website.
- Through workflows, you can change the behavior of inline content depending on the contact and/or their actions. You can also establish responses to users’ interaction with the conte
- Inline content generates statistics related to its views, interactions and participation in the purchase process.
1.1. General properties
The general properties that define inline-type web content are as follows:
Name: the name of the inline content, to identify it in your Connectif account.
- Tags: classification of the content to help you recognize and locate it quickly. Click Enter tags and add keywords to help you identify it.
- Borders: color, thickness and style of your content borders.
- Background: color and image effects for the background layer that is superimposed on your ecommerce site and against which the inline content is displayed.
- Shadow: color and shading effects of the structure that will display your content.
- Z Index: numerical value indicating the order of overlapping layers.
- Responsive breakpoint: responsive design threshold (up to what screen width will be understood as a mobile device).
2. How it’s used in Connectif
2.1. Create or edit inline content
You can create or edit inline content via two routes:
1. From “Content > Web”. Click Create new web content to generate new content or click More and select Edit to modify existing inline content.
2. From the Send web content node in a workflow, by clicking (Edit node settings). You can click Create new web content or Edit to modify an existing inline content.
When creating new web content, select Inline as the type then click Create new content.
2.2. Display inline content
To display inline content on your ecommerce site, three elements are required
- An inline-type web content design.
- A selector that determines the appropriate position to display the inline content.
- A workflow whose task is to display the selected content in the place indicated by the conditions set in its design.
2.3. Respond to a click on inline content
When a contact clicks on a inline content, you can respond with new actions using the node "On Web Content Click". This way, you can give your campaigns a greater degree of personalization.
2.4. Query inline content statistics
Once implemented in a working strategy, inline content provides access to two types of data:
- Statistics related to customer interaction with that content, such as views and clicks, among others.
- Sales attributed to interaction with that content.
With this information, you can find out how much impact the inline content is having in each workflow where it is used.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Insert custom inline content on the home page, to display personalized content for each contact on the home page.
- Upselling at checkout, to offer higher-value products to your most loyal contacts.
- Newsletter subscription with inline + double opt-in, to display a newsletter subscription form and initiate a double validation strategy to sign up the contact.
- Video on home page, to create a workflow to display inline web content on the Home page with video.