If your ecommerce is built in Magento or WordPress, you can easily integrate it with Connectif and start collecting customer data to create your campaigns.
In this article, you’ll learn how to install and configure the Connectif module for Magento 2.
Difficulty: Advanced (requires technical knowledge).
When to use it: When you open your Connectif account.
STEP 1. Magento 2 module download
1. Access your Connectif account.
2. Go to Integrations on the left-hand menu.
3. In the ERPs and CRMssection, find Magento and click Edit.
4. In the Configuration section, click Download Magento 2 Module to download the file “connectif.zip” to your computer..
STEP 2. Copy the Connectif folder to the Magento installation
5. Copy the "Connectif" folder and all its contents into the "/app/code/" folder, located at the root of the Magento 2 installation.
STEP 3. Module installation
6. Access the Magento 2 administration panel and go to the "System > Web Setup Wizard" section.
7. In the Module Manager, find the Connectif_Integration module and select Activate.
8. Follow the steps for installing the Connectif module and click Next:
- Readiness Check: This step performs checks related to the PHP version, crons, dependencies, and extensions.
- Backup: in this step, a backup copy of the ecommerce site is made prior to the installation of the module.
- Enable module: in this step the activation of the module is performed.
STEP 4. Module activation
9. Go to "Stores > Settings > Configuration" and locate the Connectif settings.
10. In Basic Configuration, select the Yes option in the Activate, field, to complete las opciones the Client ID and Secret Key options.
11. Go to your Connectif account and, in the "Integrations > Magento" section, copy the Client ID and the Secret Key.
12. Go back to Magento 2 and paste them into the fields of the same names.
13. Click "Save Config" to save the changes.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have questions about the Connectif module in Magento? Here’s some useful information:
1. What is each section of the Connectif module in Magento for?
The Connectif module in Magento is made up of different sections, each of which fulfills a different function:
- Basic Configuration (1): this section is used to configure the basic aspects of your Connectif account in Magento, as documented in this article, so you can get started with your strategy.
- Banners (2): this section is not in use, since the contents in banner format are configured directly from Connectif.
- Public Urls (3): this section is used to look up the activation URLs of the ServiceWorker and the subscription notification URLs.
These URLs are generated and communicated to Connectif when the module is installed in Magento.
- Advanced Configuration (4): this section is used to establish certain behaviors of the integration with Connectif:
- Print only mandatory fields on cart tags?: This option allows you to determine if the Connectif script will collect only the mandatory cart fields (product id, name, price and URL). This option helps improve the performance of the cart tag in Magento.
- Use product variants on cart and purchases?: This option allows you to determine if, when Connectif receives the information about products in the cart, it will collect the default product or the specific variant.
- Product imagen Id: This option allows you to determine the size of the image that Connectif will collect.
- Notify purchases offline: this option allows you to determine if the ecommerce will notify Connectif of offline purchases via API and without web context.
- Order Status: this option allows you to determine the status in which the purchases must be to register via API (offline notifications) in Connectif.
2. How to activate the notification of offline purchases (via API)?
1. In your Magento account, go to "Stores > Configuration", click Connectif and Settings.
2. Deactivate the Connectif module from the "Basic Configuration > Activate", section, selecting the No option.
3. Click Save Config.
4. Go to the "Advanced Configuration > Notify purchases offline", section, and select the Yes option.
5. In the "Order Status" section, choose the status that purchases registered offline in Connectif must have.
6. Activate the Connectif module again from the "Basic Configuration > Activate", section, selecting the Yes option.
7. Click Save Config.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next: