Help your undecided customers to choose discounted products on the website, using inline content to increase sales.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create an offer recommender banner.
How it works
To display the banner, we’re going to configure inline web content in the workflow. This will appear with the products on offer when the contact is browsing the website.
STEP 1. "Start" node
(In this node, you’ll set the target audience for the action).
1. Click (Edit node settings) for the “Start” node.
2. Under Select limitation, check "All my list".
3. Under Select data source, check “All existing and new”.
4. Click Update.
STEP 2. “On page visit” node
(This node will detect contacts who visit any page with a category).
5. Click (Edit node settings) in the “On page visit” node.
6. Under Limitations, uncheck the "Deactivate after triggering" box.
7. Click Update.
STEP 3. “Fetch products” node
(This node will fetch the best-selling products of the last three months).
8. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Fetch products” node.
9. To select use cases, drag “Filtered products” to the right-hand block and click Next .
10. In Main use case settings, select "12" in the Number of products to fetch.
11. In Select the origin of products, choose "In a product segment" in the first selector and, in the second, the created segment. In this case, "Discounted products". Click Next .
12. In Summary, locate the section Number of products to fetch and indicate “12”. Then uncheck the box "Fill with products until selected limit".
13. Click Complete .
STEP 4. “Check value” node
(This node will identify if there is at least one product with a discount).
14. Click (Edit node settings) of the “Check value” node.
15. Drag the "List size" field from "Fetch products" to the block on the left.
16. Next, under Operator, choose "Is greater than".
17. Drag the “Literal” field to the block on the right and set a value of "0".
18. Click Update.
STEP 5. “Send web content: inline” node
(This node will send inline content with the products obtained in the previous node).
19. At the junction of this node with the previous one, click on the circle until "Yes" appears.
20. Click (Edit node settings) in the “Send web content” node.
21. Select the corresponding inline content and click Next.
22. In Configuration add the appropriate selector to display the content.
23. In the Variables step, link any variables there may be.
24. Click Complete .
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Cart recovery, to send an abandoned cart email to contacts who abandon a cart on the site.
- Cross selling, to show users a product banner related to the last products purchased.
- Recommender on product sheet, to show products recommended to the one visited in the product sheet.
- Best-seller recommender on product sheet, to show the best-selling products on the product sheet.