Connectif can respond to clicks on any link on your website, whether or not it is part of the platform’s content. This feature enables link tracking, provides more accurate segmentation and facilitates the creation of much more personalized campaigns, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to detect and respond to web links created outside Connectif
STEP 1. Detects clicks on links
(This section explains how to add attributes to links that allow their detection in Connectif).
1. In your back office, head to the template settings with the product pages.
2. Open the code editor.
3. Look for the HTML tags of one of the links you want to gather.
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://mitienda.com/index.php?id_product=1&rewrite=hummingbird-printed-t-shirt&controller=product&id_lang=1" class="text-hide" title="Share" target="_blank">Share</a>
4. In each tag, add the attribute "data-cn-track-click".
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://mitienda.com/index.php?id_product=1&rewrite=hummingbird-printed-t-shirt&controller=product&id_lang=1" class="text-hide" title="Share" target="_blank" data-cn-track-click>Share</a>
5. Add the "data-cn-alias" attribute to the link tag.
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://prestashop-93073-1289703.cloudwaysapps.com/index.php?id_product=1&rewrite=hummingbird-printed-t-shirt&controller=product&id_lang=1" class="text-hide" title="Share" target="_blank" data-cn-track-click data-cn-alias="Facebook">Share</a>
6. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 with each link you want to detect clicks for.
7. Save the changes in the code editor of your back office.
STEP 2. Create the custom fields
(This section explains how to store in the contact's profile the information related to their interaction with the link).
8. Go to "Contacts > Contact fields" and click Add new custom field.
9. Name the new custom field and assign it the appropriate type.
10. (Optional) If necessary, you can change the field icon and assign it a default value or a maximum length.
11. Click Save.
12. Repeat the previous points, from 8 to 11, for each of the data you want to collect or establish when you detect a click on the link.
STEP 3. Create dynamic segments
(This section explains how to automatically create the structure to segment contacts in Connectif, according to the clicks detected).
13. Go to "Contacts > Segments" and click Create new segment.
14. Select the Dynamic segment type and click Go to segment editor.
15. Assign a name to identify the segment.
16. (Optional) Write a description if it helps you clarify the basis for these contacts to be segmented.
17. Set the segment condition or conditions for contacts to be considered.
18. Click Create.
19. Repeat points 13 to 18 for each necessary segment, one for each link you want to detect and respond to.
STEP 4. Create the workflow
(This section explains how to create the strategy that detects and responds to web links using the elements created in the previous steps).
20. Go to “Workflows” and click Create new workflow.
21. Design your strategy by establishing the behavior of the platform after detecting a click on the links in question
4.1. "Start" node
22. Click (Edit node settings) in the "Start" node.
23. Set the target audience for the workflow.
24. Click Update.
4.2. "On Product Visited" node
25. Under the "On Product Visited", click (Edit node settings).
26. Configure the node and its limitations according to the design of your strategy.
27. Click Update.
4.3. "On Web Content Click" node
28. Under the "On Web Content Click", click (Edit node settings).
29. In the Configuration tab, select the filter type "On click on some of the following manually specified links".
30. Check the Link alias option and enter one of the aliases defined in STEP 1.
31. Review and configure node limitations if necessary.
32. Click Update.
4.4. Nodo "Set Attribute"
(In this section we explain how to save the contact’s details after they click an aliased link).
33. In the "Set Attribute" node, click (Edit node settings).
34. Assign the data imported into the workflow that corresponds to the custom fields created in STEP 2.
35. Click on Update.
36. In the workflow, click Save to save your changes and Start to activate it.
To make the most of your Connectif account, we recommend reading these articles next:
- Custom integration for receiving data, to collect data in Connectif from external systems or applications.
- Custom integration for sending data, to send data from Connectif to external systems or applications.
Integration with Facebook and Instagram, to manage the audiences of your Facebook Ads account using Connectif.
Integrated forms, to detect and gather existing forms on your website in Connectif.